The neighborhood authorities or from the state highway patrol often investigate automobile accidents. The policemen involved with the investigation write an accident report revealing what they discovered. In investigating what the policemen believe occurred to cause the injury this police report may be used by you or your lawyer, in case a suit is filed as well as the info in the report could be beneficial. The highly qualified lawyer for sex crimes or an accident understand what it takes to appropriately represent the accused.
Your solicitor or you should check with any applicable state, federal and municipal authorities to get copies of law enforcement reports. A few of these reports therefore are readily available for a little charge and are an issue of public record.
These businesses are subject to exactly the same limitations in getting the report, as you are. A police report is usually not required to be able to submit an insurance claim. But, that report will be wanted by the insurance companies when they should pursue or defend a suit.
- A typical police report includes the following info:
- The date, time and location of the injury
- The information on the injury, including a diagram of the injury scene
- The names of witnesses and all parties associated with the injury, such as the owners and drivers of vehicles, as well as the owners of the property associated with the injury
- A description of the motorist, including license number and their age
- The names and addresses of a summation of the harms, as well as all injured parties, for example, location where they got medical attention
- A description of the injury, including short to in-depth
- The weather, road and light conditions
- And, the property damage endured
You need to note that the advice in the report does not always represent what really occurred. For example, a traffic report attribute put on the incorrect party or may include errors like incorrect rates, points of impact focused incorrect. Nevertheless, that info may be presented in court and your lawyer as well as you ought to know about that advice before trial so that you can be ready to challenge its correctness.
Questions to Your Miami DUI Attorney
Can anybody get a duplicate of a police report on a collision, or have you got to be active in the injury somehow?
Do they should tell me why?
I am worried because there have been mistakes within my accident report in making corrections, as well as the authorities are not being helpful.